Provides group swim lessons for ages six months to adult. Have the ability to give instruction and motivation for students in swimming lessons. Providing sound water safety and water awareness information and skills. Knowledge and the ability to break down and teach strokes and the development of strokes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and organize classes of various sizes
- Keep eyes on your class at all times while instructing
- Enforce pool rules to all participants
- Knowledge of strokes and water skills with the ability to teach different levels of development
- Handle disciplinary situations with courtesy and fairness
- Carry a positive attitude toward all job responsibilities
- Respond quickly to the level of your training and emergency action plan
- Ability to find qualified substitute for yourself in time of need
- Notifying manager of broken or unsafe equipment
- Able to work flexible hours
- Responsible in keeping all certifications (PR/CPR, AED, O2, and First Aid) up to date to preform your job responsibilities.
- Be willing to be active in other Parks and Recreation responsibilities to help us reach our overall mission.
- Current American Red Cross PR/CPR, AED, O2, and First Aid Certified. Training provided by the City of Bentonville if needed
- Recommended: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Based on experience additional Add Pays are offered
The City of Bentonville is committed to providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, political status, disability status, or genetic information, as required by all federal and state laws. The City’s commitment extends to all employment related decisions, terms and conditions of employment (including job opportunities), promotions, pay and benefits.